I can normally (whenever possible) attend to your AGA cooker if you have a problem the same or next day as breakdowns take priority. This is a service that not many others can replicate and I pride myself on this.
During busy periods and at certain times of the year, due to high demand, this is not always possible.
- It is recommended that gas AGAs be serviced every 12 months and oil AGAs every 6 months to keep them working safely and efficiently.
- We would normally contact you shortly before your cooker is due its service to arrange a convenient time and would respectfully ask you to turn your appliance off the night before so that it is cool enough to work on. We can even give you a call the previous evening as a reminder if you wish.
- We cover a vast area for servicing and breakdowns which include Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Essex.
Your service will include some of the following (depending on model and fuel type):
- Check operation of all functional controls and components
- Check all safety components including flame failure devices and flue spillage thermostats
- Check fuel rates and depths (oil)
- Check gas pressures
- Thoroughly clean carbon and lint from burner and flue-ways
- Inspect door rope seals and replace if necessary
- Inspect operation of lids and adjust if necessary
- A visual check of oil line and storage tank
- A check for gas soundness
- A check for correct ventilation
Please note we no longer service/repair converted gas AGAs (i.e. used to be solid fuel and converted to gas).
We can still assist you with your converted oil AGA.
Please note we do not service/repair electric AGAs. We no longer service/repair Rayburn cooker/heating appliances.